As we all know that cloud computing classified in three major categories in terms of services SaaS (Software as Services) , PaaS (Platform as Services ) and IaaS (Infrastructure as Services). Google App Engine provides PaaS in the cloud computing environment which is totally managed and uses in-built services to run your application on the cloud. We can start development instantly after downloading the SDK of specific language platform.
- Google App Engine Plugin for Eclipse
- Google App Engine SDK for Java
- Developer Tool
- Cloud.google.com Register using Gmail Email id.
- JDK 1.7 (Set System Path Variable )
Step by Step Process to work with Google App Engine with Example
Step-1:-Register your Application with Project Name in cloud.google.com and Note down Project ID after creating Project.
- Click here for Google App Engine console
- Select Go to project >> create Project
- Note down Project ID generated by Google when you give the name of Project.
- You can find your Created Application information from Dashboard
Step-2:- Go to Eclipse
- Go to Eclipse folder and Run as Administrator.
- Check JDK 1.7 or not by in Eclipse, WindowàPreferenceàJavaàCompileràset Compiler Compliance Level 1.7 if not.
- Check Installed JRE in Eclipse, WindowàPreferenceàJavaàInstalled JREsàset JDK 1.7.0 if not.
- GO To HelpàInstall New Software
add this plugin
- Install Plugins.
Step-3:- Go to Eclipse à Select GDT
- Give any Project Name And Package: And Register Project ID with Project ID Created in Google.
- File Structure in Project Explorer
- In File Structure, app engine-web.xml check Project Id is available or not
- Now you can execute Code in LocalMachine: Right click on Project FolderàRun ASàGoogle Web Application
Get http://localhost:8888 and go to Browser paste address bar
Give your Servlet Name http://localhost:8888/firstgaeapp
- Now Deploy Your Application On Cloud Using Deploy to App Engine
- Click on Deploy to App Engine …..for deploy your app
7. Successfully Deploy Your App on Cloud on Given Project ID
8. You will get link
Select your servlet it will execute on the cloud (Platform As Service)
- On your Dashboard Also you can Find Your Project Cloud Link
For Example: Click Here